Tuesday, August 5, 2008

M.I.A. The Cell Phone Edition

I’ve been pretty out of touch lately. Not because nothing’s been happening, but because my access to Internet has been extremely limited.

For a while I was able to post updates from my computer using my cell phone’s Bluetooth connection. It’s a luxury that may only exist for Peace Corps Volunteers in Namibia. (And it’s one I’ve been extremely grateful to have up until now.)

But this being the desert, sand has a way of wreaking havoc on electronics. Less than six months after purchasing said cell phone, the software went caput, the warranty was not honored and a new (yet similarly dysfunctional) phone was purchased.

I’m hoping at some point to get the old system back up and operating.

So, while I’ve been able to check email and sometimes respond using my phone, posting here has been a real challenge. In an exercise of sanity preservation, I decided to wait until Windhoek to post more on my blog.

I know it’s been a while. Thanks for bearing with me.

0 comments: