Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dental Update: Just a Toothbrush

Thanks to generous donations from friends, family and strangers, the first batch of toothbrushes and toothpaste (nearly 300 of each!) for my oral care workshops has been purchased. (As it turns out, a similar quantity of dental floss is going to be near impossible to find. I’m considering the alternatives as I write this.)

Donated funds are in no way depleted, but unfortunately, the current stock of oral hygiene products at ShopRite, Super Spar, and PickNPay is.



So while I wait for the coffers to be replenished, I wanted to once again say thanks.

My workshops are scheduled to begin in September at !Gaib Primary School. About 120 learners in grades 4, 5, 6 and 7 will get all they need to keep their teeth bright and their gums healthy.

All because of you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, My aunt, June Hancock, (i think she's a friend of your mom's?) recently gave me your blog address. I've been nominated to serve in Africa starting April 2009. I haven't been assigned a country yet, but I just finished all my medical exams so I'll be sending that in this week. I just wanted to let you know how great it is for someone like me who is still in preparations to be able to read a blog like this -- it gives me such a better idea of what my life could potentially be like in just a few months. Best of luck over there! It looks amazing!!!