Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Special Delivery

Life here can be stressful (especially when the government issues an order for all of its cars to be serviced the week they're supposed to be transporting learners to Camp GLOW). But that just means the little things--things that I may have overlooked in a previous life--end up meaning a whole lot more now.

Like today, when 14 kids from the orphanage came knocking on my door. They formed a perfect little line--all smiles--and Fredrick picked his hand from his pocket, palm up, with a folded piece of paper inside.

It was a note from my friend Jossy, their big sister. I'd sent her a text message earlier in the day but she was out of phone credit, so she sent the kids with her response.

The tiny note made me smile.

My own Western Union. My personal pony express.

Only this one was a whole lot more fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat story. I'm sure there are lots of heart warming experiences that you will look back on. By the way, who is the good looking guy in your new "Who I Am" photo? love DAD

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! And well deserved because you are so special!

Love,
Leigh