Sunday, August 9, 2009

August Rush

August has just begun, but already it's been a busy month!

My friend Natasha had a baby.


Mama and Baby


Just One Day Old!

Lorain and I conducted a dental workshop for patients in the TB Ward


All the Patients with New Toothbrushes

Three of my kids (Tommie, Nevinia and Katrina) finished their Hero Books


The Kids Hard at Work

There was a pool party for Ivy's birthday at the orphanage (where they don't have running water--so you can imagine what a feat that was!)


Pool Party


Dance Party


Ivy Blowing Out Her Birthday Candles

I went to a Christening for my friend Rosemary's grandkids. (There were 40 other children and the service lasted five hours.)


Desere with Her Daddy


Lorain with Promise


Promise After the Baptism


The Family After Church


Rosemary and her Grandkids

My friends Aly and Colleen came to visit, too. While they were here, we visited the orphanage, where we made masks with the kids.


Colleen and Aly with the Kids


Putting on the Finishing Touches










Colleen and Aly with the Kids After a Morning of Mask Making

And I wore mascara for the first time in two years--an event which I thought warranted a picture.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look beautiful! And oh my goodness those might be the most beautiful children ever ... all of them!

Unknown said...

how is it that your hair looks so good?! it must be that lack of man made products going on...or lack of gross manhattan dirty air? or maybe its just because you naturally are beautiful. since you are rolling your eyes, lets settle on combo of all three! xoxoxo miss you!!!

Mysh said...

You look gorgeous, mascara or no. Nice to see your smile again!!

Anonymous said...

love the photos! you look so lovely! can't wait to see you. xoxo.