Monday, July 27, 2009

Keeping Kids Warm in Winter

Winter may be nearly over, but I doubt the kids at Sunrise Center much cared. When I delivered hats and scarves made by me and my knitting group (thanks to yarn donations from friends and family back home), they were so excited.

They bounced around cheering, and fingered the brightly colored yarns. They swapped pink scarves with blue and eagerly bundled up for this photo:



The desert sun heats things up by late day, but I'm happy to report these little ones will be keeping warm on windy winter mornings now, too.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Well done, Jill! The hats and scarves look great. You and the rest of your group should be very proud.

Unknown said...

Love it!!

Anonymous said...

That is SO neat. So sweet, thoughtful...and colorful!

Love,
Leigh

beth pulsipher said...

Thanks for showing us such a fun photo, Jill. The scarves and hats turned out wonderfully!