Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Twenty-Nine Smiles

The first of my dental care workshops took place today in a Grade Six class at T.F. !Gaeb Primary School.

The dentist gave me a huge pair of model teeth for demonstrations and I crafted giant fruits, vegetables and sugary sweets from construction paper for a game. There were handouts to color, stories to follow along with and stickers as prizes for the 29 students who seemed eager to learn.



I knew there was a serious need for oral care education in Khorixas. But even I was a bit surprised when just one little girl raised her hand after I asked, “How many of you own a toothbrush?”



The good news is, now they all do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful children, Jilly!

It makes me miss my classroom too. Their smiles are beautiful...just like yours. I miss seeing it daily.

Love,
MOM <3 :-)

Anonymous said...

Your mom said the exact same thing I was going to say. So here it is again: Their smiles are beautiful, and so is yours!

Love and Hugs,
Leigh